PAOTM offers certain groups of people a discount on the course fee. Our standard discount arrangements are set out below. In addition to these standard discounts, certain courses may also be eligible for a special discount. These special discounts cannot be applied in combination with other discounts and apply only for full-paying course members.
For all discounts: you are required to clearly state that you are eligible for a discount, and why, during your registration.
Definitions and conditions
- Regular course fee: the basic fee for a PAOTM course, exclusive of additional costs for literature, dinner, excursion or overnight stay.
- Regular course: PAOTM courses which are not a programme, course of study, symposium, series of Master's lectures or are not organised in collaboration with other course providers.
- Non-regular PAOTM course: programmes, courses of study, symposia, series of Master's lectures and courses organised in collaboration with other course providers.
- If there is a risk of a course being oversubscribed, priority will be given to full-paying course members.
- Discounts are not cumulative. One discount at a time.
- In specific situations, a decision will be made by the PAOTM programme manager concerned.
- Temporary offers may deviate from the provisions set out herein.
- PAOTM Course leaders may invite one relation or colleague to attend a course led by them as a guest, with a 50% discount on the regular course fee. The guest will be registered as a course participant. The normal course fee will be charged and the discount subsequently deducted during registration by PAOTM.
- PAOTM Lecturers may invite one relation or colleague to attend a course in which they teach as a guest, with a 25% discount, provided their guest registers for the full course or a course module. The guest will be registered as course participant. The normal course fee will be charged and the discount subsequently deducted during registration by PAOTM.
- Students of research universities and universities of applied sciences receive a 75% discount on the regular course fee for regular PAOTM courses. Current proof of your registration must be submitted.
Doctoral candidates, research fellows, PhD candidates
- Doctoral candidates, research fellows and PhD candidates receive a 50% discount on the regular course fee for regular PAOTM courses. Discounts for non-regular courses may be awarded on request.
TU Delft staff, lecturers and professors from other research universities and universities of applied sciences
- TU Delft staff, and lecturers and professors from other educational institutions receive a 50% discount on the regular course fee for regular PAOTM courses.
Royal Netherlands Society of Engineers (KIVI)
The Royal Netherlands Society of Engineers (KIVI) was one of the founders of PAOTM. As PAOTM endorses the importance of a strong professional association, it supports the activities and objectives of KIVI, the professional association of and for engineers. PAOTM and KIVI collaborate closely to help engineers in their personal development.
Besides contributing to your personal development, a PAOTM course will also improve your value on the labour market. The KIVI activities follow on from this, supporting some 23,000 technical engineers in their career and promoting the interests of the profession. KIVI can also be a valuable partner for you in your career.
Together with KIVI, PAOTM offers special discounts to PAOTM course participants:
- New/existing members of KIVI receive discounts on the regular course fees for certain PAOTM courses
- New KIVI members: free KIVI membership for the current calendar year
PAOTM and KIVI have an exclusive offer for course participants wishing to join KIVI. PAOTM course participants register to become a member of KIVI; PAOTM and KIVI will pay the membership fee for the rest of the current calendar year.
- Existing KIVI members: discount on contribution for current calendar year
Existing KIVI members who participate in a PAOTM course will have part of the KIVI contribution refunded. KIVI members registering for a PAOTM course lasting at least two days receive a €50 discount on their KIVI membership fee for the current calendar year. KIVI members registering for a PAOTM course costing more than € 1300 receive a €100 discount on their KIVI membership fee. This offer is valid for up to 3 months after completion of the PAOTM course.
More information on the objectives and activities of KIVI can be found at www.kivi.nl. A free, no-obligation information pack is also available on request. KIVI has various departments which offer its members an opportunity to stay abreast of developments in their specialisation.